Google is an American-based multinational corporation specializing in dealing with internet related service and products. There are many amazing facts about Google but we can’t write all of them here, so we have selected some of them which are significant. Google was founded on September 4, 1998, by Larry page and Sergey Brin while both were Ph.D. student at Stanford University. And in 2016 Google became the most valuable brand in the world with the valuation of $498 billion compared to Apple’s market cap of around $495 billion. Here are some interesting facts about Google:
- The name Google was an accident. A spelling mistake by the original founder who thought they were going for googol. Which means the digit 1 having 100 zeros (1.0 × 10100 ).
- Google’s mission statement was “To Organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful”. And it’s unofficial slogan was “Don’t be evil”.
- The company owns a bunch of domains that are similar but the misspelling of Google. Like Google.com,Gogle.com,Gooogle.com,Googlr.com and more. Google also owns 466453.com (letters on your mobile phone dial keypad which mean Google).
- Google takes over 200 different factors to analyze the search before delivering you the best search result to any query in the fraction of a second (500 mili second).
Read also: Lowline- The world’s first underground park
- Google answers more than 2 million search queries per second and also It has the largest network of translators in the world.
- Google’s search index is more than 100 million gigabytes in size. It would take 100,000 one terabyte personal drives to contain the same amount of data.
- Recent guesstimates have placed Google’s server count at more than 1 million. But new data on Google’s energy use suggests that the company is probably running about 900,000 servers. Google never says how many servers are running in its data centers.
- 53,600 Employees are working with Google and Google’s total assets is $110.92 billion.
- One of the biggest leap in search usage came when Google introduced the spell checker “Did you mean ” feature. This instantly doubles their Traffic but they had an interesting discussion on where to place it. At the end of it, they found the bottom of the result was the most effective area to place this feature.
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin together they own 14% of Google’s shares but control 56% of stockholder voting power through super-voting stock. via: wiki